Referrals for potential surgery and radiosurgery candidates may be made by the patient, family member, or by a referring physician. At Princeton Neurological Surgery we encourage all prospective patients to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lipani to determine whether he or she is a surgery or radiosurgery candidate. We offer prospective patients the courtesy of submitting imaging studies for review prior to becoming a patient in an effort to help educate and answer general questions relating to conditions or findings similar to those shown on studies that are submitted. Ultimately, the final decision regarding a particular patient’s appropriate treatment option(s) can only be made in person after formal consultation between the patient and his or her physician.
The following items are requested for submission of imaging studies:
- Name and email address of referring contact (e.g., physician, family member, or patient)
- Contact’s relationship to patient (e.g., physician, family member, or self)
- Patient’s name
- Patient’s age and sex
- Patient’s diagnosis and/or symptoms
- Previous treatments if any (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation therapy, physical therapy, injections, pain management etc.)
- A copy of the MRI, CT, and/or x-ray that shows the condition/lesion sent via either mail courier (CD or paper copies) or by uploading files on line.
Your information will be personally reviewed by Dr. Lipani who will determine if the images reveal conditions typical of those we routinely treat successfully at Princeton Neurological Surgery. You will be contacted via email of our assessment usually within 24 hours of receiving your information. All corresponding material will be kept strictly confidential between sender and the receiving staff at Princeton Neurological Surgery and will not be used for any other purpose.
Please mention you’ve been referred by our website! Thanks for visiting!